Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sister Lamb Weathers Viral Germs and Preschool Reality


Hello Family!
Love you!
This last week, we were in the Trail Center on Monday and all day Wednesday. Tuesday was p-day and then we had all of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to be in West Maple. But that plan didn't work out too well. After we had zone meeting on Thursday, I was starting to feel a little crummy. We had a performance at the Oakview
Mall (which went fine.) it felt like we were mostly performing for each other and other people were wandering in and out and listening for a few minutes. I spent the remainder of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in bed. It was boring. But I feel fine now!

So basically, the missionary work that I did this week was all compacted into a couple of days at the beginning of the week. There is one tour that particularly sticks out in my mind. It was a father with 5 kids who was on a business trip in Omaha for a few days and wanted to some see what was here. Did I tell you this story last week? I might have happened on Monday. No, I think it was on Wednesday. (It was just him). I prayed so hard before the tour to have it be a converting experience for him as we went through the gallery. We had a good conversation as we discussed about the pioneers, their sacrifices, their faith, and especially the example that they set for us; that we need to be like them! At the end of the tour, he just said, "Wow. That was a very humbling experience." I could tell that his mind was weighed down with things that he would continue to think about afterwards. I don't know what to say about it more than that. I hate the fact that so often, we cannot see the difference we are making in the lives of other people, but even just a simple statement like the one this man said was a reminder to me that we do make a difference. If he said and thought that, how many other people are there that are thinking the same or similar things, but don't say anything out loud.

Something else that I learned this last week is that you need to be aware of your audience. A preschool group of 3 year olds came into the Trail Center unexpectedly, so I took half of the group into the theater and talked to them for a few minutes before starting "Zion in the Wilderness." About 2 minutes into the film, all I could think about was how ridiculously over their heads the video was and they all began to become restless. I was feeling like too much of an idiot to stop the film, so we all just suffered through the rest of it and then took a quick tour around the gallery. Showing "Zion in the Wilderness" to a bunch of 3-year-olds: not the best idea. Note taken.

Even though we were not able to spend a lot of time in our area this week, miracles were happening! We got something like 6 new referrals- mainly from the Gingerbread Festival. Which is exciting. Other exciting news includes that Holly is getting baptized on Saturday! We are exercising our faith that she will be ready and that she will pass her interview, but we feel like this is the right thing to do. We are seeing her every day this week (with the exception of yesterday because we had another performance- this one at the Westroads Mall. It was our last.) So, yeah! It’s crazy!

Love you!
Sister Melly

No comments:

Post a Comment