Monday, April 2, 2012

Sister Lamb and her Twin Sister Throw Themselves into Tracting


Sister Melly and her Almost Twin Sister B

Dearest Family,


I love you so much!

This may be a short email, I feel like I just don't have much to report for the last week.

So, conference this last weekend? Yes please! The only problem was that hearing all the talks about families made me want to have a family. Ha ha.

We watched the Saturday sessions in our church building and on Sunday, we were at the Trail Center, so we watched conference in the director's office and took turns sitting up at the front desk and listening from an iphone, hoping that no tours would come in so that we could continue listening to conference. There were a few that came in; luckily I didn't have to take any. Wow that sounds terrible. I just don't understand member s that come in and want to listen to us talking when they could be listening to the prophet. But, it’s what they do sometimes.

Lately, a lot of our investigators have just kind of disappeared. I think I said that same thing last week, but the same is still true. We have been doing a lot of tracting this last week with not a whole lot of success. But, I also know that this is exactly what Sister Bergeson and I need. We both are a little scared of tracting, so we just have to throw ourselves right out there.

Travis, the man we met last Sunday when we were out walking after church (that sounds like we were just out for a nice little Sunday evening stroll), was supposed to meet us at the church on Thursday evening this last week. About an hour before, we called him to remind him about the appointment. As it turns out, he had given us the wrong phone number. We kept our hopes up and headed to the church to wait for him. About the time that he was supposed to meet us, we got a phone call from him, saying that he would not be able to make it that night, but that he wanted to reschedule for a different night. He apologized for giving us the wrong phone number. We were pretty excited! We learned that just because something is starting to look unfavorable, don't give up hope! Just keeping going, keep pushing forward. It's not over until it’s over.

Other than that, we have been doing lots of tracting. The one thing that I like about tracting is that I love meeting new people! I have really been learning just how to get a conversation going, which is something that I have never been very good at in the past. People are all so different and unique. I love learning about them and their views on the world. I just worry sometimes that after I am not a missionary I will not remember how to talk to people again. That is probably what will happen since I am mainly just good at talking to people about religion. But, I will get to that when I get to that I suppose.

It is starting to get rather warm here. We have the air conditioners on in our apartment and we often come home at night feeling awfully sticky. I keep hearing predictions of massive April snow-storms, but I have yet to see any real signs of that happening.

Well, that's about all that I can think of to say right now other than one last I love you.

Love

Sister Melly

Springtime in Omaha
Sister B is happy to have her picture taken!
Best Sister Missionaries in the World - pirated from Sister Kunz's Blog 
 Sister Lamb is on the backrow, second from the right

No comments:

Post a Comment